View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010   #562
scheides
flips McGee

Re: beaterX project thread

Local resources, friends, that's what makes stuff come together and keep it on schedule! I ran over to lomker's last night to beg/borrow this extra set of 4b11t headstuds he had after his debacle. Turns out to use a torque plate you need something to bolt it to the block with! Surprise! LOL Fail scheides.

So yea anyways, I ran the headstuds over to MAP last night. The block is done being bored and its finally excited about life again and ready to go have some fun! (get it? bored? I....nevermind.) Actually, it is getting its final hone today and then assembly begins.

Side note, MAP has a 4b12 block, it doesn't look as beefy as the 4b11t. The caps holding down the crank only have 2 bolts (vs 4 on the 4b11t) and the rear main seal is different. They are going to try some parts-swapping from mine and theirs to just see what is possible. Maybe on my next build
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote