View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010   #2
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Speakers stopped working-- power/ wiring issue, I think

I just went through a similar issue in my Lexus. The guy had installed the rear speakers, and the speaker wire was wedged between the speaker and the speaker hole, to the point it broke through the insulation and the wire was shorting to ground (on just 1 speaker). This caused the entire speaker system to not be off, but it was soo quiet that you could barely even hear it with the stereo cranked up. So might be something to look at. A single speaker being shorted caused all my speakers to basically go down. And it happened to me when I hit a bump. Soon as I started unscrewing that speaker (i was just going to check each speaker 1 by 1 and picked the correct one first luckily) the sound came back. So just a bump could easily make it come in and out.

Just something to try I suppose.

Can you tell if the amp is still working? Like are there any gauges or lights showing it's on and working and attempting to output a signal to the speakers?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote