View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010   #8
311evo

Drives: Evo VIII and 96' Buick Park Ave
Send a message via MSN to 311evo
Re: Where to go for Remote Start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Talk to 311evo, he used to be (maybe still is) an installer for Best Buy.
Not anymore, I worked at a custom audio/remote start place for about 4 years, and after a year at Worst Buy I had enough.

If you're going to get it done at a best buy though, the guys at the Minnetonka store (accross from the Mazaratti (SP?) dealership) are excellent. They do high quality work, and they do it quick. That's the only store I would trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydsm View Post
Aftermarket remote starts are typically shitty quality and fail in a short time or start doing funny things. We fixed them all the time at the shop I worked at. (By removing them! lol) OEM ones are the best.
No, they dont. I had to deal with a lot of dumbass dealerships that would blame everything on the remote start. I would remove everything for them, and then look! all of the problems are still there! Viper units for example are high quality and hardly ever fail. If something isn't working properly, it's an installation issue and not a hardware issue.

OEM remote starts are kind of a joke. They'll get the job done, but that's like comparing a Nokia from 1999 and an iphone/droid. They'll both do the main task, but one will have a lot more options/expandibility/uses.
311evo is offline   Reply With Quote