View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011   #23
311evo

Drives: Evo VIII and 96' Buick Park Ave
Send a message via MSN to 311evo
Re: All Sorts of Higher-Flowing fuel pumps coming onto the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I thought about posting that, but it's not true. He made like 480-ish and everything was maxed. They realized the BAP wasn't on. Then he made like 515 or 520 with the BAP and unmodified BAP but it was at the limit. THen they modified the walbro and he has pleeeenty of fuel system left now and made 530whp.

The weird thing is he made 480-ish on a single pump...maybe it was because it was partially wired from the BAP? or the BAP was actually on the lower setting? Not sure. 311, please pipe in!
Just on the Walbro, unmodded, I made 480-ish.

with the unmodded walbro and the BAP connected (hehe) I made 515ish and was out of fuel. IIRC my afr was raising to mid-high 12's at redline

We we then modded the walbro and still had the BAP hooked up. Next pull it was oober rich (low 10's all the way accross. Maybe even hit a high 9). Shane tuned it up for a little more safe power, and that was all. I believe it was quite late in the night at this point, and he had other cars to get on the dyno yet. I don't have doubts that this set up could take me a decent chunk further. We'll find out this spring.

Oh, and I may be testing out a few of these new guys with and w/o the BAP.
311evo is offline   Reply With Quote