Thread: House Projects
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012   #328
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Re: House Projects

Got started on the bathroom project, looked like this upon move in, right away I ripped out the moon and star border and put up a non moon/star shower curtain I had from the apt. Didn't want to paint or do anything else until I figured out what I wanted to do with the floor and vanity/top and mirror cabinet.

Ended up ripping out the mirror cabinet and integrated lighting to make way for a regular mirror and new light fixture. Decided on a custom Granite top with square bowl from a granite shop in burnsville. The vanity was in good shape and it wasnt a standard size, so I ended up keeping that and just replacing the top counter and sink. A nice backsplash will be from stone will be installed later on as well, which will also top the new shower/tub unit with slate tiles going to the ceiling. All new hardware is Brushed nickel and the sheetrock work and paint will come last.

Before.

New Counter and Kohler fixture, new mirror still in its packaging for now.

New light installed.

Floor removed and permaboard install.

Floor teaser with slate tiles, love the slattte. Pictures dont show the texture or depth really well. Some of these tiles were still wet from condesation as you can see too.

Decided to rip out the tub last minute this week after thinking about it for a while, before we do the tile. The old one wasnt terrible, but it was a bit smaller and the previous owners didnt really care for it, so it was a bit faded and discolored in some spots. This will make way for a nice new larger unit made by Kohler. The plumbing for the tub will have to be changed to the left side as well, because I want to put in a shower door which will make turning the water on and off tricky if its next to the toilet. They did that wrong when they built the house...

A//// Guy is online now   Reply With Quote