View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012   #17
DavidPHumes

Drives: Turbo LSx FC RX-7
Re: Tuning advice for my new GSX...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
Where'd he get it tuned? Maybe the previous tuner still has the tune for it? He doesn't have any old logs or posted logs anywhere?

I bet if you went with Shane he'd give you a solid base tune to drive around on. Then you could get a tank or two of new gas through it and not have to worry about any old gas still being in the tank.

Perfect setup though. You don't need to touch a thing besides getting it tuned! You're a lucky sob. haha
I think I might, but they're for the old version of DSM Link (they're DAT files if that helps - I think they were used with DSM Link V2). We might have a current tune but it's on a machine with a bad HD, so we'll see. Another very good local guy tuned the car but he's up to his eyeballs with work, house stuff, etc. and has no time to tune it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
I was just going to ask Bryan if he'd sold that car yet. I built the engine for it years ago, it's identical to the one in my car. He's got a TON of money in that car and he has always been extremely meticulous in it's care, nothing but the best. You will be very happy with it, I'd thought about buying it more than once, it's a very fast car.
Yeah, I am actually picking it up tonight but I've been over there the last few nights changing the oil, draining fuel, installing injectors, etc. The car needs a few very small things to be perfect in my eyes but it will be awesome. He did a very good job with it.

I should probably post a welcome thread or something but this is the project car I'm currently finishing up:

DavidPHumes is offline   Reply With Quote