Thread: Schooling
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012   #18
Dalton C

Drives: currently a kia rio :/
Re: Schooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
Yep, same with Wyotech(I went there), they sell you on the idea, but most don't make it there. There were some who made it into good development programs, but you are at the will of where their programs are(have to move away) after schooling is over. Most of whom I went to school with were at basic dealer jobs the last I heard of them.

If you are going for auto tech, you are probably just as likely to get hired locally if going to Dunwoody etc.

However, I do agree with others, moving away is a good learning experience in itself.

The most important concept regardless where you go to school.. DON'T SCREW AROUND AND WASTE YOUR TIME. APPLY YOURSELF AND MAKE THE MOST OF THE SITUATION(go above and beyond to set yourself apart). Do that, and the rest will fall in place.
Mostly what i was woundering, but im wanting to work with a dealership, so if i can get any advantage ill take it. But if most of them just would send you to get certified anyway, i might as well save money and have the flexibility of staying here.
Dalton C is offline   Reply With Quote