View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012   #25
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: What Kind Of Oil Do You Use/ Recommend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Well, if you want to play that game, Cobb has seen more Subarus spin bearings on the track running Amsoil than they have Mobil 1. When it comes down to it, none of this matters because it's not scientific data and doesn't take into account the percentage of total population running said oil, the setup & tune of the car, other factors that could play into it, etc.
Honestly, I am guessing correct oil weight has more of an impact on whether or not you spin bearings.

Thousands have spun bearings on every kind of oil...I don't think there is anything wrong with Mobil1 at all. For a stock motor, mobil 1 worked awesome for me.

FWIW the AMSoil high zinc I am currently running is what I was running in my first built motor that spun the bearing...so if anything that helps your statement. However, I don't trust Cobb for shit due to recent events and I think they are tool's. And just because one shop (regardless of shop) says they have seen more failures on said oil, well like some have said, doesn't really mean much. However, both MAP and DB stock and recommend the AMSoil high zinc I use so I know its not a bad oil, tons use it on the national boards as well for built motors.

I know one thing, High zinc content and correct weight are what I care about as I know for fact that is good for a built motor. Also I ran Rotella on this motor and its still kicking great for breakin as a sidenote.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote