View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012   #30
dsm_talontsi

Drives: 91 Eclipse GST
Re: FS 1991 Talon Tsi AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by punxnotdead185 View Post
Well that may be but it is miles better than when I bought it, the whole side of the car was black with oil, the engine compartment was far worse than it is now, none of the coolant sensors were hooked up and the wg was unplugged on pump gas with just a 2g maf and 550s no tuning, it had plugs that were 1 heat range hotter than stock, brakes were locked up to the point the throttle had to held half way down to get it to do 30 mph, motor was locked up from the oil filter spindle coming loose and dumping all the oil out on the ground, half the maf wiring was disconnected, a bunch of the ground effects were missing, ect. ect. ect. This thing is far better than it was then, my friend that I got it from was offered $1200 for it in that condition so I don't find asking twice that in running driving condition with a pretty much new motor and with working brakes and a way to tune it an obscene amount of money, I'm sick of people from on this forum coming to look at it and telling me as soon as they leave on the phone that I'm a dumbass for asking more than a $1000 for it, could have just said it to my face and taken your ass beating, I'm sick of all the people on here talking shit on some lame ass forum about a car they know nothing about, if you have such a big problem with some oil leaking then give me the money for a new valve cover gasket and I'll fix it being that I'm fucking disabled and don't have the money to fix it my damn self.
Whoever offered you $1200 for it in that condition is a dumbass. I bought my white tsi with no leaks, running driving condition with rod knock of course for $800. And that was still too much for me. The gst I have now I bought for $1400 and it runs and drives perfect, rebuilt motor with 60,000 on it. And no sir, my car is not a "hack job." Everything is set up the "right way." I would have never bought it if I were you if it was in that bad of condition. maybe you should post a picture of the drivers side for everyone to see. And thats just the body, what else is wrong under the hood? You can try your hardest to get what your offering, but your going to have to find some dumbass to buy it. I wouldnt be posting it on this site. And also if this is such a "lame ass forum," then why the hell are you on here, you should be banned just for saying something like that. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Sorry everyone for the arguments, but the debate about this car is just way too much fun to pass up .
dsm_talontsi is offline   Reply With Quote