View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012   #14
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Whats the deal with E85?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
I watched a story on KARE 11 about the chicken farmers wanting the gov to stop the ethanol subsidy because there wont be enough corn to feed their chickens, and they showed a guy talking but in the background jessica sneared at him because it was a factory farm and not free range. and she made the comment, "If he would move to a free range method he wouldnt need as much corn to feed them as a lot of it is wasted due to the chickens trampling and shitting on their feed."
Saw a story even earlier about the price of milk going up because of corn shortage, to which i say STOP FEEDING THEM CORN and use grass instead.
Tom, the majority of livestock is fed on a grain/grass blend depending on the season and current climate conditions. This year, due to the widespread drought, has taken a significant toll on non-irrgated grains and grass growth. This has increased the demand for the grains (including distillers grains). I know you have your opinions, but I do have good information, this is what I do day in and day out.

The American petroleum industry could not handle a widespread lift on ethanol blending requirements since it would require significant costs and time associated with retooling all the refineries since they'd have to refine differently in order to meet the octane and oxygenate requirements without ethanol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
I thought ethanol only used a part of the corn, allowing farmers to still use the unused portion to use as feed.
Correct, we sell off what's called distillers grains to farmers as feed at a discount vs. corn; win-win for them and us.

Last edited by Kracka; 08-08-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote