View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012   #3
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: Obamacare, Opinions?

Thats actually been happening for 5+ years. When I worked as a subcontractor for a company about 5 years ago, i needed to get my own insurance. The guy told me the monthly price and my jaw dropped, He stated its because of the amount of claims, Malpractice lawsuits, other lawsuits for insurance companies, and people going to the hospital without insurance and skipping out on the bill, they got their help because the docs are required to treat them.
This is something that the ACA is supposed to reign in by getting everyone covered one way or another.
Two things though: This past month we saw two benefits that actually directly affected my wallet in a positive way. 1) 100% covered birth control YAY and 2) UHG did not meet the 85% rule, so will be sending me a refund of some of my premiums paid throughout the year. (got a letter outlining that this was due to the Affordable Care Act). Still havent received my check yet, but its on its way.
Ive heard conflicting stories on this, but I would think that premiums would go down due to the amount of people entering the system with insurance. I am not sure how fast it will go down, but logic says that the insurance companies are getting a shit load of new business, they should be able to lower premiums or at least stabilize them. as well as the opening of Preventative clinics around the country hopefully people will utilize them and we will be able to keep everyone a bit more healthier.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.

Last edited by tpunx99GSX; 08-20-2012 at 04:29 PM..
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote