View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012   #13
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4
Re: 01 Stratus..starts than dies..than wont start.

So little update on the car. Ordered the kit to check fuel pressure. Right off the bat it would get to 50 psi. And than it would just die out like usual. Right after dying out it would get to around 20 psi on first crank, than get up to 50 psi like normal. So I am not sure its a fuel related problem.

I was checking around and noticed that the IAC would get very warm and would not move at all. SO i put a new one in. However, now it wont start at all.

Some people over on Club3G said to check for intake leaks. So I pulled the upper plenum to check that gasket and everything looked good. IT did smell like fuel bad. But that was probably from me trying to start it so much. Only thing I noticed is the EGR valve may not have had the vacuum plugged in. I am not 100% on this cause I had to move the vacuum lines around a bit to get everything out.

Now while there I decided to check the plugs. The rear three are completely black, and were soaked in fuel. The fronts looked like they had worked at some time, but were fuel soaked.

After replacing the IAC I could not get the car to start at all now. It will spit and sputter like its attempting to. But just wont.

All the research I have done leads me to the distributor. However, it was a reman one that was just put in around June of last year. I am going to try and check spark again. Hopefully soon. But I am starting to look for another dist for the car.