View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013   #3
jeremy1375

Drives: 1990 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Re: Where to buy transmission spacers

Neither Shep nor Jack's stock them. Jack's said they could order them for me. Placed an order with them just to see if they really could get the specific ones I want as the dealer said 1 of them is no longer available through Mitsubishi.

In the meantime, Tim at TMZ responded on tuners saying he stocked them. He didn't have the exact ones I want, but he does have some that will work for me so I ordered from him too.

It's crazy because I didn't realize getting shims would be such a problem. I bought another '90 talon a couple weeks ago. I towed it home on a tow dolly in non-running condition. I couldn't get it up the steep part of the driveway because it was too slippery. The clutch was bad so I parked it in the yard, pulled the tranny, and figured I'd take a look inside before putting it back in. Turned out to have a bad shift fork and rail. I replaced those and now just waiting for shims. Just hope we don't get a melt while I'm waiting as the car is up on jack stands in a flat part of the yard where water collects.
jeremy1375 is offline   Reply With Quote