goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: injector size fuel delivery 35r

Yep, no good advice in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post

I'd say you'll need FIC 1680's or the 2150's.

You will definitely need either a BAP on your 255 and maybe a second pump or a bigger base pump (like the Walbro 400). This is where you get to spend a lot of time researching other people's setups and then decide what you want to do, then spend money and more time making it work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
For sure twin 255s or the wally 400, I'd do a hi-z 16xx if pump or 2150 if E85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
^ What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4seasons69 View Post
Since you're going with e85 I would just go with the 2150's and be done with it.

You will also need a second 255. Not sure if one walbro 400 would support 600 at db probably with a boost-a-pump it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance View Post
Might need a bigger turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post
They don't make a low impedance 2150. At least that I'm award of. But as Shane said you may need a bigger turbo to hit 600hp at DB even if you max the turbo out. Finding link right now of proven setup as yours is going to be very similar to Brads.

I think he did it with a required 255 and boost a pump but maybe I can text him so he can chime in.

Ninja edit:

http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20970
Quote:
If you can't shell out for the 2150's right now you could start with 1650's and see how far you can go on those. The previous owner of my car on a gt4294 made 651awhp at db with 1650's and twin ford gt pumps(ford gt pumps are very similar to the 255). so you can take 1650's pretty far but I would still recommend 2150's.
Quote:
A 2.4l won't change the injectors you need. Just because your turbo is a 65lb/min turbo doesn't mean you are going to need 65lb/min injectors. Injectors are actually usually rated in cc/min or lb/hr. So if you convert 2150s to lb/hr you would have 204.8lb/hr. The size of the injectors is based on the type of fuel you are going to run and the amount of power you are going to make. E85 requires more fuel so you will need bigger injectors.

Like I said you can probably get by with some 1650s but someone can correct me if I'm wrong from my understanding the 2150s are more tuneable. You end up with better idle quality and driveability with 2150's vs 1650s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
With that turbo, 1650's should be enough. I ran an s362 with 1600's and twin 255's on e85 at 35psi, made 541hp at DB. 1650's should be fine for that turbo setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote