Thread: The Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013   #605
blackawdtsi

Drives: 2G DSM
Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
I understand that, its why I am not fully decided yet.

That was the whole reason I bought my dream AR instead of something like a DPMS to start with.

But now that I have it, its truly awesome, but I just don't know that I can justify having that much in a gun that gets used once a month. Ammo is hard to find, the range is always busy, and if I find ammo its pricey as shit.

If I hunted with it I think i would love it more but I am using it for plinking (bad idea, should've gotten a 22 for that) and fun shooting up north and semi for home defense.

Anyway, still just a thought at this point.
It sounds like you understand that not being able to find normal priced ammo is just a fad. This should be over with by next December. Whether it's from production being ramped up (more factories, manufacturers are already on 24x7 days) or clowns stop buying ridiculous prices from the gougers. All that really needs to happen is just that. Then the gougers will be stuck with the crap they're trying to sell and everyone will get fair priced stuff again. It's sad that a majority of people don't understand that (not saying you don't).

Trying to quantify a reason to keep the gun shouldn't come from how often it gets used. You bought it knowing the political climate. It's still just how it was when you bought it. Bills are being brought up, some get thrown out. New ones replace the old ones. It likely won't end until '16 or something finally passes.

But if you really are in a pinch, not just thinking of hobbies, nobody can argue if you do choose to sell it.
blackawdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote