View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013   #25
dsmolition
chemist

Drives: RR Evo 8
Re: Opinions twin disc clutches

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin d dub View Post
I had the Isuzu salve. Clutch failed the following morning after i got the car tuned. They answered all my questions and were nice to me to. until i had issues. See almost every vendor will be nice when everything is ok. Its when something goes wrong when you see their true colors. PTT customer service suck knat balls. They said to me that a 900+whp car runs a PTT clutch at the track and he doubted I was making anywhere near that much power. WTF? I stated I had a 70mm turbo so I was making some decent power. I shot down his BS so he then goes on to blame my trans builder smh. This is that happened to me http://www.teamrip.com/clutch_info.html

The person who created QM twin discs left the company and created PTT. The clutch floater and pressure plates, and flywheels are interchangeable. I am not sure how one is better than the other when they are basicity the exact same thing. You can even swap discs if you have the right step height in the flywheel. I can only assume other issues were at play. I suppose I cannot be so quick to judge it just by other people’s success. I will have to keep driving the car and make my own observations. So far so good.
dsmolition is offline   Reply With Quote