Old 05-28-2013   #678
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson
Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackawdtsi View Post
First focal plane reticles zoom in and out with the magnification. This is useful for ranging targets with hash marks and math. It's also useful because no matter what magnification you're at, the hold overs are the same value for wind and elevation.
Thanks, that is cool. I've never had a nice scope before, so I'm not used to high end features or good glass. Having the MOA marks always be accurate will be nice for ranging targets more quickly.

I'm actually thinking about the 4-16x now instead of the 6-24x. I'm not going to be shooting over 400yds very often, and even at 1000yds the 16x zoom would be like shooting at 60yds with no zoom which isn't bad at all.

I was home this weekend and was talking with my dad about scopes, The Vortex Viper FFP was his second choice, he ended up going with an IOR Valdada FFP because he could get one in 42mm instead of the 50mm. He wanted a lower center because he doesn't have an adjustable cheekrest and thought the 50mm would be a little too high up. The only problem is it's in MRAD instead of MOA. Not a big deal but not second nature to think in metric.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote