Thread: Ecu flash help
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014   #4
talonsway

Drives: 1995 eagle talon TSI
Re: Ecu flash help

alright guys well ive heard great things about ecuflash. I decided to got this route got a lap top, taxtrix and cables. Installed the flash connector on my 95 eagle talon tsi. Then acquired a 98 gst black box. I followed the install guide made by a fellow member on here and followed step by step. When i went to save the the rom and definition for my car the rom saved as a .bin ? i dont know if that is correct or wrong but i saved them along with the files from ceddy mods into romedata>mitsubishi>eclipse. Then i read my ecu and it says un-known rom. i Follow the steps by trying to copy a definition and when i use the option 98 mitsubishi eclipse gst 20550011 the box with id XML has question marks in it. When i click finished it turns into like a ".sft" or something weird that does not work!!! Im pretty sure this is what is holding me up. Im pretty positive in the location of my files as i think they are in the right spot.

If some one could give suggestions on what to do, or point out what i am doing wrong that would be great. Seams like there are few people that know how to flash and are willing to help. It would be great to get ecuflash to work. If it holds me up any more i might have to go to link. ANY Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
talonsway is offline   Reply With Quote