View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014   #1
typeRA

Drives: 22b bro
MAFT vs 2g maf- beginner with link

New to link, not new to tuning by any means. I have tons of experience with "harder" tuning, such as my reverse engineering and work( stock ecu rotational idle/ true antilag) with 92-96 wrx/sti ecus. I've also used ecuflash, and was a bit disappointed.

My question is, I need to choose between a MAFT setup, or a 1g or 2g stock maf. I bought a car that isn't running, with a new v3 full setup waiting to go in. I know that with most blow through setups, there is always concern with hz dynamics as they pass through the hotwire. Now, because the MAFT is there, I would be ok to assume there is some sort of smoothing buffer or something to account for this? My main concern is that I wish to make it a solid DD, and in WI, the weather shifts can have profound changes. I obviously don't wish to have a " varying tune" when you couple rapid weather changes with a not so ideal maf setup.

In your experienced link opinions, would you recommend me keeping the already (cleanly) installed maft setup? Or shall I use the 2g maf assembly I have?

Relevant mods:
680 pte ( delphi-based?)
evo3
the usual bolt ons, full periphery (egt, wideband etc)

Thanks
typeRA is offline   Reply With Quote