Thread: Power Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004   #1
vapour24

Tournaments Won: 6

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi - Stock

Alright, please forgive me if this is a newb question but im really not sure what the problem is. My car for no reason somtimes will just have no power at all. Ill turn the key to 'on' and then 'start' and i have no power and only on some few times when i switch it to on, it will kill right away and i wont get it back. The break lights dont go on, the power locks dont unlock eachother its almost as if the car dosent even have a battery. Well in order to fix this ill put the car in neutral (while its dead) and power will come back on, and this seems to work, but can anybody tell me whats happening to my car? whats wrong with it? Also, as I was driving home last night i had my lights on, music on and whenever i would tap the breaks it seemed as if i lost power in everything, the music would stop, the dash gauges would all dim for a second and go back on (for as long as i was breaking for) and the lights would dim and shut off and turn back on as well. This happend the same for when i was turning on my Highbeams. Once again, forgive me for the newb question

-Thanks your help is appreciated