Thread: Datalogger
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004   #16
illz

Quote:
Originally posted by 1slowdsm+Aug 12 2004, 08:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1slowdsm @ Aug 12 2004, 08:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-illz@Aug 12 2004, 03:47 PM
The best, most compatible handheld for 1G/2G logging and even DSMLink is the Palm IIIc

you can find them on ebay for dirt cheap. i picked up mine like new almost 2 years ago for $100

then get a serial modem cable from syncablesolutions.com for $20 and you are all set

well, that and getting a proper ALDL cable (1G) or ODBII cable (2G) .. i think i have an OBDII cable around if you want to buy it
Whoa, thats not a bad deal. I thought I would have to end up spending $400 on a Datalogger. How does that set-up work for you? I'm still trying to get as many opinions as I can before I start spending.
Oh yeah...what is that ALDL cable you're talking about. I'm guessing it has the word DataLogging in there somewhere, right? [/b][/quote]
the aldl cable is what connects to the diagnostic connector of your 1G. i checked on ebay, palm IIIc's are going for like $50. Go to pocketlogger.com and buy their "DSM Pocketlogger" cable and software package for $125, and you're good to go.

Alternatively, you can buy a DSM/ALDL logger cable off ebay for really cheap and use the MMCD software, which is free.

Aside from the ALDL/DSM logger cable and software though, yes, all you need is the Palm IIIc and a modem cable from syncablesolutions.com