Thread: No Oil Pressure
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004   #69
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Well Over the weekend, John worked some magic and got my car back together and running better then ever.

The Funniest, and weirdest thing however was that for no reason what so ever the oil pump started working just fine. It was as if nothing ever happened.

All he did was pull off the oil feed line to the turbo from the oil filter houseing.

Crank over the oil pump with my impact gun, and Oil started flying out, which proved that the oil pump was working and at least oiling the block.

So we moved onto the head. - Pulled the Valve cover off Cranked over the oil pump with the impact gun.

And Oil started spraying out of the head. As if nothing was wrong.

So he put everything back together and we fired it up, oil light went off right away, and the oil pressure came up.

One things I've noticed now is that when I first start the car the oil pressure builds up slower then usual. But when it builds up it has a little more oil pressure then usual.

Since the weather was so nice yesterday I spent a good part of the day driving around. And she's back up and running like a champ.

As for the internal Dump - the Turbo is spooling a lot faster now then it did with it to atmosphere. Not sure why but the power comes on a lot quicker.

And although we didn't finish welding the dump tube all the way around 1 of the flanges the sound is still much much much much, nicer then the external dump, and so pieceful.

As for lbs/min - I haven't turned the boost back up to 22psi yet. But I'm sitting at about 20psi and I'm seeing 48lbs/min.

turbo still acts the same holds 20psi and then creeps at 7200 up to 25psi by the time I hit 8,000rpms.

Just wanted to share this weird experience. Not sure why the oil pump started working, etc. maybe it's just John's Pressence that scared it into working. Since John's the only person I have really let work on my car in a very long time.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote