View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009   #84
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Customer Reviews

A review from all angles:

I've posted in here a few times, but haven't really given any background for those that aren't "in the old school loop"

My history with Chris and Kyle of Modern Automotive Performance goes back quite a few years. I originally met Kyle with Chris when Chris had brought his vehicle in for some work at my first shop I co-owned, Quick Precision Racing INC. Even then Chris had a great personality and a "do it right" methodology. I was also equally impressed with Kyle's general automotive knowledge and sponge-like attitude towards learning.

We were impressed with Kyle so much that when the opportunity came, we (owners of QPR at the time) hired him on as a tech.

Kyle is the sort of individual that learns quickly. He is eager to share knowledge and willing to learn from someone of they are teaching him something of value, very good qualities to have.

I remember working with chris before he really got bit hard by the modding bug. Helping him tune his old red 2g with a few problems to 400+awhp on RS Motors mustang dyno.. I think it still had the 7 bolt 4g63 in there at time.

As time went QPR came to dissolve the ownership and well...the history is on here of what eventually happened. I started a shop with two other very knowledgeable board members, Ryan and John (LSE Performance).

MAP opened up and was a competitor, but it was always friendly. Chris has done an excellent job of focusing on the important aspects of customer service. Take care of the customer at all costs.

They are also doing quite a few things right. Giving back to the community is a huge thing I like to see. They generate quite a bit of local business, but never forget where they come from, and that is awesome. They are always willing to try out new things, and listen to complaints, concerns, and ideas.

As they continue to expand I get great enjoyment watching them grow and expand. This business has the sort of core values you want to see succeed and grow into an enterprise.

Things did not work out as planned with LSE and we dissolved in 2008. Now that I am no-longer in a competitive or "boss/customer" relationship it is nice to see the respect level is the same. Anytime I need something they are just a quick short call away. That respect goes a long way to generating the all mighty referral.

In Fact, I've also worked hands on with most of the MAP crew. They have are friends and most have been friends or customers (or employees) for a very long time. They are all outstanding community members and only hire people of merit.

So in short, if you haven't used MAP for any of your parts, fabrication, or installation needs, give them a call. You won't be disappointed.

-Josh Swanberg