Old 08-20-2010   #908
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
I think HB speed was one that tested the downpipes and they said hands down that each time the AMS produced a better powerband.

If you really want I can try and dig up a thread where they say this...the whole downpipe thing is very convoluted from what I have found trying to search for the "best downpipe".

I am not convinced any way what so ever. The fact that AMS used casting to get the bends exactly how they wanted and maximize the use of the free space for the US model cars made me believe that theirs in theory should provide the best overall gains.

Like I said, if you really want I can try to dig up some of the "Best Downpipe" threads where a lot of this is discussed, but it won't be until later, there seems to be one of them each week on EvoM or Evoxforum.

Another thing that is nice about a cast piece also is that it will hold the heat better, and in theory, should spool the turbo a hair better because of that. Might also keep under hood temps down a few degrees? Probably not enough to notice, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote