View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012   #8
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires
Re: Obamacare, Opinions?

I haven't read the bill, but I have a little insight from the insurance company point of view. A good friend is an exec in one of our big healthcare companies, and is directly working on healthcare reform(both within their organization, and with the US government).

Short version, it may not change how much money comes out of the majority of the populations pocket per year, but it will cover a lot more people who are currently not covered.

Also, premiums have steadily gone up for the last 30 years(likely more), and all our out of pockets will continue on that path until we are all dead.

What changes is what is covered, who is covered, how they are covered etc. Of course this is very general, but when trying to find the silver lining, or the supreme negative when picking his brain.. there are pros and cons to any direction healthcare goes in the USA. None are great, and realistically not a selling point for any potential candidate.

We are all screwed regardless.

PS: I've quickly skimmed the political threads thus far, and am shocked by the civility up to this point(except the opening thread of course).

Last edited by Speedfreak; 08-20-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote