Thread: Teh Dizzevo
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #84
scheides
flips McGee

Re: My Evo

Dude, this is great news! First off, you have a CLEAR answer as to why the car is down on power. Second off, you can get bigger cams, since the ones you have in there are kinda lackluster (on accident of course), and thirdly, going through the head will not only get you your power back, but do a basic set of springs at the same time (GSC's are ~$200 and plenty awesome) and you'll be able to rev to the moon while doing driving events.

I had MAP do my head for me and I'm SO happy with it. Prices are extremely rough, but valvejob and stage3 port was only $800 using the stock valves and fresh seals all-around. I saw a pretty solid 10-15whp and 15-20wtq with this and having a fresh head the car feels so so so solid, I will gladly rev it to 8000 for years to come. Doing just the valve job or just the porting cuts the price down a little, but in the end I say if you're going to do the job, do it right.

I say use this as a stepping stone towards having a nice reliable and powerful car to keep in the stable, doing the swap is really not that bad...I will be glad to help.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote