Thread: Teh Dizzevo
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #88
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: My Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
Sell it and buy a SRT8.
I read that and all I could think of was this smiley:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abc View Post
If I were you I'd be happy the car was/is this good after all the events and hard driving you do on it. Take the off-season and pull the head and refresh it if you're really worried.
That's just it, how much do I really care? I don't know yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
You should troll the classifieds of dsmtuners and the like for heads. Every time i have bent valves etc, i have always found a head for around 200-250. Granted this is a 2g DSM head but hey you may end up finding a good deal on a part out. Just a thought.
Dont sell the EVO Seems like an aweful big price to pay for a $800 fix. esp if the car runs but is down on power, if its not going to mess anything up further, drive it till you can save up the money to have it done right. Or get the tools and do it yourself. Plus you will regret it later when you decide to come back to EVOs or DSMs, then you will be sitting here going dammit i gotta start all over again? I get that feeling a lot nowadays. Knowing that if i wanted the power i had before, its going to take a lot of money and effort.
Find me an Evo head for $250 and I'll give you another $250, because that will still be $100 than the cheapest stock head I've seen for sale.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote