Thread: Teh Dizzevo
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #89
scheides
flips McGee

Re: My Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
Great news? lol hmm, not my idea of great news.
I mean that at this point, it is great news, he knows what the problem is that was discovered last fall. I spent months trying to figure out why my car was down 50+whp and THAT sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
Dont sell the EVO Seems like an aweful big price to pay for a $800 fix. esp if the car runs but is down on power, if its not going to mess anything up further, drive it till you can save up the money to have it done right.
This is exactly what I did. I was pissed off I had to yank the head again (I had a HG issue a second time in 8 months), but in the end, I could drive the car, save up cash, and do it when I wanted to, when it worked for MAP, and when it worked for my helpers (Hughes and Thielen/bananas--thanks again for the help guys!).

MAP had the core head mostly done, Anna and I pulled the head off on a Friday night in about 1.5 hours, spent a few hours with thielen and hughes cleaning/running around/prepping, then hughes and I put the head back on monday evening...Matt, we can do the same for you and it'll be a sweaty but painless process! A few pizzas and some beer and we'll have it done!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote