View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007   #42
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: SLS - mixed feelings

Thanks to everyone for their advice on the actual situation that I was dealing with (my wastegate order). I have my money back FINALLY, thanks again!

Now, for the manifold topic that seems to have become a popular topic at hand. I don't know why I'm bothering to explain my thought process on buying what I bought, but since people seem to be insinuating that I made a bad manifold decision, here is why I went with their manifold...

After researching around for awhile, there were 3 vendors that I had in mind for a manifold. Those would be SLS, Punishment, and Shearer. These were the 3 companies that I found to make manifolds in-house specifically for DSM's on a REGULAR basis, have minnimal reports of failure, and back them with a lifetime warantee. I almost bought Punishments cheap one, but was talked out of it. Then I was considering their nicer one, but Punishment didn't like to reply to my emails much anymore, so they were completely dropped off the list. That left Shearer and SLS. I had read reports of people having to wait awhile for Shearer's manifolds because he is so busy. Not a big deal though because again I felt this was a big investment, and it's well known that he makes good manifolds. Well then I heard from Nick at SLS, he told me that he had one in his office already built, that he'd sell me, and give me a good price. So, the fact that he said he had one on hand ready to ship the next day, for $200 less then the Shearer one, and they are only 3 hours away from here, that is how I chose their manifold. It showed up 5 days later, and I am very happy with it.

OK, so enough about the manifold. Thanks again to everyone's advice on the wastegate matter. I hope it's finally done and over with! And I agree, that if you're buying off the shelf merchandise, our local vendors are easily the best choice. Thanks all!!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote