Thread: Teh Dizzevo
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010   #220
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Teh Dizzevo

Finally got around to installing the Beatrush driveshaft bushings and rear end bushings that I've had forever. Since I have the AWD Motorsports 2-piece driveshaft I only had to use two of the four bushings. The rear end bushings were the easiest things I have installed on this car ever. Was hoping to install the Blox front motor mount but ran out of time. The driveline whines at cruising now where as it was pretty much silent before, and there is a oscillating vibration at highway speed now but I'm hoping that is just the right rear wheel bearing that will be replaced soon.

At the same time that I bought my new helmet I bought a Corbeau FX1 Pro with the baller suede. I finally unwrapped it, mounted the sliders and bracket to it and installed it in the car. Got in and it felt great, except that it sat really high (higher than the stock seats!) and the bottom of it felt like it was trying to dump me out. I drove around for a while with it and ended up taking it back out. If I can find a way to lower it and angle it back a bit then I'll keep it, if not then I'll just sell it which I would really regret.

Also, a couple weeks ago I swapped mufflers with Trevor, my Buscher race muffler (old, worn out bullet-style) with his Buscher quiet (nice, shiny Magnaflow). I can actually hear myself think while driving the car now.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote