View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011   #15
MJ23FE
Levant IX

Drives: WW IX MR
Re: Carbone Lorraine RC5+ - Pictures & Review (Coming Soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ngletracker View Post
If you bed in pads on new rotors properly, the time until you have good braking is a lot less than you specify. Usually it takes me 20 mins or so. I'd like to see some pics though.

Reading does not own me.

What sort of racing are you doing with these, anyway?
Reading still kind owns you.

I don't have new rotors. I never indicated that I had new rotors.I'm looking to see if these pads will scrub the old material off that contributed to the brake shudder I was having at higher speeds. As I indicated many times already, and as Jeff Ritter himself has, the first week should be spent allowing the pads to work as they "scrub" the rotors clean. These are sintered pads and have great cold bite right off the bat. On Sunday or Monday I'll be bedding these pads in. If the pads can't scrub the old pad material off the rotor which contributes to the shudder/warped effect I get, than I'll be purchasing a front set of Centric Premium blank rotors.

My car is a daily driver as mentioned above as well. I am a spirited daily driver as many of you are as well. I want my brakes to chomp down and stop me in my tracks when I ask. My car will not see much track right now even though I'd love to get involved in some HPDE's and the like. $$$ and time prohibit me at this point. Yes, these are a race pad, but yes, they work perfectly fine on the street. I have had no issues at all. Literally from the first roll out of the driveway, these pads worked, and aside for the noise, they have worked great. We've had very very cold days and a snow storm since they have been installed and they do not hesitate for a moment. I don't know how a bed in procedure is faster than rolling out of a driveway and being good to go for a daily driver. They don't require one to work for the simple stuff. It's good to bed them once you plan on using them more aggressively. I still don't understand what you're trying to argue.

I chose to use these pads. I'm not pushing anyone to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Interesting theory on easy driving before bedding in. I dunno if it would actually work, but worth trying I guess. I thought you were getting new rotors though?
New rotors will come if this scrubbing process doesn't rid me of the shudder I'm seeing. I wanted to try these first and see if they would do the trick. They may not. No one ever guaranteed that they would, nor did I ever say they definitely would. We'll see what the result is. If they don't, I'll be purchasing new rotors. I think I mentioned that in my initial post.

They are definitely cleaning my rotors up, though. They are cleaner and much shinier than they ever were with the Magic Pads.

-Jalal