Thread: Who has what
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012   #26
10EVO

Drives: 2008 EVO GSR
Re: Who has what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Truthfully there are a lot of awesome tv's out there, from all the research I have always done you usually are looking at Sammy LCD's and panasonic plasma's as the go to brands. Go to CNET.com and do your own research. As most of us already have tv's posting here, you are going to get a bunch of "this is what I have responses" which I gave myself lol. CNET will give you "unbiased" reviews and rate them too for you. Also Newegg.com has a decent review system on tv's too, I like CNET better.

As for sound, get a really good receiver to start with, speakers aren't nearly as important as the receiver. I have a yamaha for several reasons, and its a very nice unit. It's on my list to upgrade though, had it for 5-6 years now. But it works so well no reason to upgrade.
Went on CNET last night, did a lot of research! I have decided that I am going to go with a plasma TV. I found some good deals on Samsungs. But I will be waiting till Black Friday before I do buy. Now for the receivers, I found a couple that I like and had good reviews. The speakers and sub. I am thinking of going with a "build my own" set. But I am nervous because as it was stated before, the out of the box sets are already tuned. So the NEW QUESTION haha if I choose my own speakers, I would assume its best to stay with same brand? Is there something I am missing? I really apprecitate all your help guys!!
Installed:18x10.5" Work CR-Ultimate wheels, D2 Racing Coilovers, HKS Hi-Power Catback Exhaust, CPE Gauge Pod, Kenwood Double Din Head Unit, MTX Amp, AEM Oil, Boost, and AFR Digital Gauges, and Electronic Boost Controller
10EVO is offline   Reply With Quote