View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015   #135
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster
Re: The official Deer Hunting thread.

I now have a small buck hanging in the garage. Bought a Muzzle-loader and tag. Shot it some Saturday, was in a hurry and didn't get it sighted in right. Went to family Christmas and headed out hunting. Shot at one, missed.

Sunday, went for the AM hunt, saw two, I had all of 2 seconds to shoot at them since they saw me. Wouldn't have seen anything if I hadn't gotten up.

Went out shooting again cause I didn't have a ton of confidence in the setup. Found that I couldn't get the manufacture recommended (and other hunter) bullet and powder to group for shit. Switched to Hornady 300gr Sabot slugs with 90gr Tripple7 pellets, and was dialed in 7 rounds at 100 yards. For reference I put about 20 of the Powebelts (245gr and 295gr) with 100gr WhiteHots with through it. All with Tripple7 Muzzleloader primers.

Things worked out, smallest deer I'll shoot standing quartering away. Bang, hit, watch him run 50 yards and drop. Then it's time for the fun, and he's now hanging in my garage.

Last edited by MustGoFaster; 12-16-2015 at 07:44 AM..
MustGoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote