Old 03-18-2009   #9
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc
Re: My Pile Won't Start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
So it ran before. And all you did was swap in a new fuel pump, and messed with the MAFT wiring, and now it doesn't work?

Have you checked to make sure the MPI fuse isn't blown? Have you checked to make sure you didn't knock any connectors loose while doing any of this? Do you have good compression? Have you tried playing with the gas pedal while trying to start it? I believe if you hold the gas all the way down while turning it over, it should shut the injecors off, which may be useful if everythings all flooded. Do you have an extremely high coolant temperature reading on whatever logging application you have? Do you have a spare ECU you can swap in? Are you certain you are getting spark?
Which one is the mpi fuse?

Yes I'm sure. I did a semi wire tuck myself and I know where each connector is. I've checked them 4 times each.

Yes, good compression. Always have.

I hold it to the floor, nothing.

Coolant temp reading is about right.

No spare ecu.

Thanks guys for trying to help me. Its too damn dark out right now to try anything though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.

Last edited by 123abc; 03-18-2009 at 07:46 PM..
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote