View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009   #33
aaronspeed

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon AWD
Re: $52/month, full coverage LOL!

Now you do understand that for example full coverage on a 10+ year old car will get you about $800 if it is totaled your fault or not. You must insure the car at appraised value. My Dad at the time was 65 had a 91 Ford SHO and it was mint condition the car was hit and totaled at a stop sign and the insurance company would only give him $1800 for it. This car only had 45k miles on it. His insurance company would not make up the difference with his coverage and he got $1800. I spoke to my and other insurance company and you must purchase GAP insurance on a financed car or your stuck. Full coverage is a waste of money. My Mustang I insure with Allstate at declared value and even if someone else hits me they must give me my insured coverage value. I pay $400(Apr-Oct) a year on full coverage with declared value of $16k on my '89 Mustang. My sons '91 Talon TSI was declared at $4k and he is 17 pays $48 month on full coverage. I put declared value on all my Full Coverage cars. It is cheaper and if something happens they mail a check. The only problem is that you can NOT Buy the Vehicle Back.
aaronspeed is offline   Reply With Quote