Old 03-14-2014   #13
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: 2G carbon addiction started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwhistle View Post
As for appearance, I have my mirrors and side skirts dipped in a carbon fiber pattern that matches pretty close. I would estimate between 9-15 pounds subtracted for the carbon fenders. The best part for me is the lack of rust and how much doesn't stick to them. The dirt on the old ones was the heaviest part lol. But I'm keeping my eyes out for a hood. I am using these parts as a tool for distribution until I move onto a hatch and doors. Little things like gas latches and door handles can be ignored for now. The sunroof plug is pretty sweet for sure! I wanted to get the piece that just replaces the glass and let me still open it (yes I adore my sunroof with no a/c). Many of these parts I may use my own spools of carbon and Kevlar to attempt vacuum bagging and making.
9-15lbs savings on the fenders? I would never have thought there would be that much of a difference.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote