View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009   #37
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style
Re: 1G Trouble shoot assistance needed

A little update regarding all the issues i have. I have not checked the ecu yet or fixed the shifter cables. I did change the oil though! The oil was very dark lets put it that way. I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures and videos it would really help, in explaining.

The car started up and ran PERFECT after the oil change! I thought i solved all the problems in one go. I let the car idle to completely warm up. Just how i was advised. It idled at 900rpm. When it warmed though it shoot up to 1500rpm. Things began to go down hill from there. The tail started smoking really bad. It went from a light grey to a blueish smoke. It looked the same as oil burning cars.

I disregarded the high idle and smoke, as well as black fluid continuously coming out the exhaust (it is unburned fuel i was told) We took the car around the block. When putting it into 1st gear the clutch was depressed all the way to the ''FLOOR'' yet it would still grind really bad. Reaching the 1st stop sign the idle began to fluctuate up and down from 1500 to 2000. it continually smoked. I was hoping it would dissipate it did not. We parked the car and shut it of immediately. The test drive did not last more then 5mins.

I sat down on the curb thinking about what i did wrong. I thought about how rebuild motors operate. I came to the conclusion that the oil could be burning do to the fact the rings are not seated properly yet. Allowing some of the oil that is suppose to be scraped by the oil rings to get into the combustion chamber?!? Before packing up and calling it a day i smelled the dipstick again. You could already begin to smell the fuel in the oil.

Last edited by Alpha D; 11-11-2009 at 09:45 PM..
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote