View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014   #95
jeremy1375

Drives: 1990 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Re: Golden763 - BAD GUY!! any info on user?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
So you're recognizing this verbal agreement. So, is that agreement not a two way street? Why does it sound like you're saying the one who did not fulfill his half of the agreement is protected? Not fulfilling his portion, how is that not stealing? Makes no sense to me. If I go buy a TV, act like I have full intentions of paying for it, but write a check that bounces 2 days later after I already brought the TV home. That's not stealing? I can just keep on living my life and never expect police to show up at my door?
If the police recognize the verbal agreement, why shouldn't I? They are the ones enforcing the issue. They are the ones who could arrest portum89 for falsifying a police report. Do you not understand that he would have to lie to report it stolen?

It would be a shame if portum89 reported it stolen, got in trouble for falsifying a police report, and golden763 suffered no consequences. That is the situation I don't want to see happen.

As far as golden763, he could crash into a wall and die a fiery death and I'd feel like he got what was coming to him. No matter what I or anyone else feels about him, the legal facts are what they are.
jeremy1375 is offline   Reply With Quote