Thread: TkrPerformance
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010   #35
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: TkrPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
I'm sure Mark would be more than willing to bring it back to wherever he bought it from if he would get a refund.
Chris,

I think you are missing the point of the OP. He doesn't know Mark from Adam, you, me, or anyone on this forum. How is he to know if Mark is telling the truth?
The solution he offered is a viable one and in my opinion over the top.

Now Mark's concern is that he will be out the $200. Very understandable concern as well as he no longer trusts the OP, because of the faulty engine and in his opinion misrepresentation.

What should happen, to satisfy both parties, is for the OP to have $200 at the "shop" of choice ready to refund Mark. Mark should bring the engine to the shop (again, this is a used part, the OP could very well tell him "to bad so sad" and Mark would have no recourse at all). Once it is inspected, the winner and loser in the situation are determined. Essentially the shop would be playing judge on a civil court style manner.