View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006   #3
scheides
flips McGee

Re: Review: Forced Performance Cast Aluminum Intake

Now....why am I writing this? Because I did have a decent intake on my car before...although a bit old, it was a full 3" unit that had no choice but to flow well. It was very similar to what a *lot* of other people run. Well, either the thing was reeeeaaaally dirty or the filter that was on there was not nearly up to snuff with this 4" x 9" K&N unit. With the full exhaust, the Tial BOV, the full intake piping setup and larger-than-stock turbo I didn't think my car would ever really get much louder until I installed a wastegate that dumped directly to the atmosphere and/or a bigger turbo.

I was immediatly impressed with the clear sucking sound I could now hear from under the hood, and the loud resonance that could be heard while accellerating and inbetween gears. My car's clear woooosh-ing sound with minor turbo whine was replaced with a clear, free-breathing sucking sound, more turbo whine, and a when letting off, the familiar crack-of-the-whip that my Tial gives off now sounds more like a big, bad-ass exhaust hale from my intake piping.

Massive change in whp? No, but I think it may be measureable. Transient boost response is certainly improved and while I *may* be mistaking being impressed by the neato new sounds coming from under the hood as more midrange torque, I think there may just be some there. I guess we'll see come July 23!

More pics here:
http://www.scheides.com/gallery/2g?&page=10

Feel free to post comments and questions here!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote