View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010   #1109
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

^I'd love to do that, but I don't have any torque wrenches and I only have two jackstands...I don't have the tools for this job sadly and no money to buy them.

Also a little info on what I have had for MC's.

The stock one (its plastic for some reason instead of metal like the evo 8/9's) never broke for me but with how many people have issues I decided to put the free SSP rev 1 one in with my new clutch, it was free so why not.

While my car was down basically everyone had issues with the rev 1 SSP one, I never did, it actually worked pretty awesome and felt great, but I probably didn't drive it long enough to cause issues as my motor blew up.

So while the motor was down SSP sent me a new rev 2 one that while DB was buttoning up my motor found to be leaking before they even installed it from a crush washer gasket, so SSP sent a new one. But my confidence was shaken, Danny thought there was some very questionable design characteristics on the SSP one and everyone was saying how awesome the magnus one is. So I was sick of dealing with shit so I just said whatever lets put the magnus one in and be done with this for good...well yea that didn't happen.

Last edited by Murlo26; 10-09-2010 at 05:03 PM..
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote