View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005   #6
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: High Knock in my Talon

The knock sensor was not torqued down in any sort of special manner. I just wrenched it on there tight. What torque should it be on there at? Should I have used Locktite or anything? Also this has been a problem since before I left. It's always felt a little weak, so I don't think it's the gas. Plus the gas in my car is new. I've been home maybe a week and have filled it 3 times already. I do have new 650 injectors I could install, but just didn't want to go installing anything until I got this figured out. Should I throw them in and just see what happens? Also one other little symptom I'll add with this. Only if I floor it at like under 4k does this happen. If I slowly get the RPM's up past like 4-4.5k, and then punch it, I usually get no knock, or the occasional 4 or whatever. But when the RPM's are low, like trying to accelerate in 3rd gear with RPM's at like 3k, she is pretty deng slugish all the way through the whole RPM band and I get the crazy knock readings. I also get these reading just in neutral sitting in the garage and reving it up. Thanks for the help so far though!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote