View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010   #959
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Ok, so just stopped by DB over lunch to drop off the MC (Lomker's Magnus one) and me and Danny checked it out and compared it to an Evo 9 one on the 1000whp Evo 9 at DB. It is in fact an Evo 9 MC retrofitted onto a plate of some sort.

We then looked over the recently posted Magnus install instructions and of course, the install is not what Danny was hoping for...basically a complete start over on the MC involving some grinding to get it to fit as well.

So I had to decide...wait for the new gasket from SSP and hope that seals and if it does seal...pray that it will not fail in a month or two of driving.
Or on the flipside have DB spend a few hours installing the Magnus and also buy Lomker another Magnus to pay him back...honestly both choices seemed to suck...but I am sick of worrying about it, so I said Fuck it and told him to put the Magnus in.

The shitty part is this ended up being the bottleneck on getting my car running.

All they have left to do it looks like is the CMC and also the ECM bracket and wires and intake.

The intake mani, throttle body and fuel stuff are all back on, so this is holding it up which also made me think, screw it, i want my car back!

So, hopefully they can knock out the Magnus today and maybe Monday they will get to idling the car
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote