View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010   #195
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Engine Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311evo View Post
Going by these statistics you could claim a certain olive oil was "oh so similar" as well, even though I'm sure some terrible things would happen if you ran that for a second.

If Mobile 1 is so awesome, why do a large amount of reputible builders warn people to stay away from it? Using the "factory fill" excuse is old, Would you use an OEM swaybar over a Whiteline because it was on it from the factory? or would you go with a higher quality product?

Also, why does FP recommend a different oil for use in their turbos then the stock ones? Idk, different bearings. Higher load. The fact that a high performance part may require something different? I have non-oem bearings throughout my entire engine, and that coupled with my cars performance means that I almost have to use a heaver and higher quality oil. It's the same theory. I'm guessing if you call up PTE or Garrett, and ask them "M1 vs Amsoil XP or Dominator" the answer will be the same everytime.
More facts less hype please. If I wanted to read an Amsoil brochure I would. Whatever it takes to make yourself feel good about spending extra though. Mobil 1 is the easy scapegoat; for reason why see my comment a few posts back. FP's oil PDF is nothing but a temporary fix to get people off Robert's back just like the o2 housing claim and then the oil line claim was.

LOL @ you for trying to call me out for posting actual technical specs of oil. Find me olive oil that has the same properties as motor oil and I'll put it in my engine.

Last edited by Kracka; 12-23-2010 at 07:32 AM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote