View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014   #1032
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

I've been slacking on this a bit, but to be fair I've had some more important things come up...

Anywho, here it is:

9/22/14:
Track day at RFR to be honest, I felt so pressured for this and so stressed that I really didn't want to go. (I should of listened to my gut).
Well made the trip out with Munchgsx (Ma Nigga) to RFR, way better drive than to BIR.
Finally get out there unload all my stuff.
Get thru tech pretty quick, checks the battery and helmet and that's it.
Line up, attempt to stall and the car takes forever. Flash backs of 2012 track trip where the car broke the WG are creeping back in.
Here is the only slip I could find:
(Car 9035)

Well, i try again, takes a bit of time to get back up there.
This time is even worse! the car doesn't make any boost at all.
Tune is fine, take the car out on the street and attempt to make it stall there, no dice. We drive back around to RFR and chat how my car hates RFR or vice versa.
Get close to RFR and do a 2nd gear pull, car is laggy as phuck!!

Must be a boost leak, SD car won't be hurt as much blah blah get back quick check all the pipes by hand, nothing shows.
Nick/Munchgsx says to pull the intake, ding ding ding!!!
Fucking compressor wheel is flopping in there all the fins are bent inwards from touching the housing!! (Yay PTE journal bearing!!)
This turbo never saw over 28psi.
So, I'm like oh well lets go grill some steak, I'm hungry.

Start packing up and my wife's good friend calls me and is like "Did you get Sam's text?" I'm like no i'm racing in WI, i can barely hear you!
BABY IS COMING!!! WTF, i need to go, i start throwing shit in the car real quick. Nick is like are you serious, and I'm like yeah we got to go now baby is coming!

Broseph nuevo is like, take my car, i'm like for real? he is like baby is coming GTFO I got this.
C5 time baby

I make it back home in about 50 mins, FFFFUUUCCCKKKK Do i miss slamming gears!! I'm a bit more tame than I use to be so I didn't make the whole drive back at 130mph+ but man I miss having a good/fun street car.

Get home, get my car get to the hospital and no baby, wife isn't even mad!!
I told her, I didn't think I should of left this morning, but she is cool.

10/6/14:

Now I did move the car in the garage a bit and it sounded horrible!
Got the turbo off and the shaft didn't break but damn is it loose, called PTE sat and for an RMA/return number so I'll be shipping it out soon.

Mock-up with the manifold that I wish to run.

10/7/14:

Being honest, I'm not too concerned with this car anymore, after spending a good amount of time in the C5 I really want a fun street car again which means it has to be a manual.
I'm going to get this car running and try not to throw a lot of money at it so I can clear some debt and get a fun street car for next year.

Goals for car over winter:
Get running with T4 HX40 setup.

Other items:
New converter for bigger setup
Honda half radiator
Built motor
Lose weight
Install parts on hand, rear subframe bushings and active toe eliminators.

I'll be finally selling my ported and coated FP manifold that I said I'd never part with, my MAP external O2 housing for mitsu turbos, IPT restalled converter, along with anything else I don't need for the new setup for next year.

Hopefully I don't pull a me and basically have a non-running car again for the first half of the year.

Goals for the new setup?

Trap 135mph
Keep motor in one piece.
Get more sponsors.

which reminds me, I acquired a sponsor in SPA motorsports of IL.

They needed a car to measure out complete brake line replacements and I talked to the owner, we sorted out the agreement and it sounds like a good chance for the both of us.

2015 should be an exciting year.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote