View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015   #1
91talontsi

Drives: Talon Tsi
1g ecu questions.

I'm going to list my vehicle specs first. Explain my problem, than ask my questions.

1991 Eagle Talon TSI
-6 bolt block bored .020 over.
-6 bolt oversized oem pistons and rings.
-6 bolt crank n big rods.
-6 bolt head milled 0.015 stock valve-train/cams.
-Deck surface was machined to 0.
-Felpro Perma Torque
-ARP head studs
-BSE kit. Oil port mods were made to the head and the front case mod. I did not do the OFH port mod. My oil pressure is way better than it was before the rebuild.
-FMIC 2.5" pipe
-1g hard pipe intake from stock 1g maf to stock 14b turbo.
-stock 450's
-Full 3" turbo back.
-All new oem timing components and gates timing belt.
-Hallman MBC turned all the way negative.
-EGR is deleted.
-stock 1g ecu.
-1g bov recirculated.
-I came up with a static compression ratio of around 8.85:1. Thats not 100% but I know its gotta be really close.
-I'm pretty sure i have every boost and vacuum leak taken care of. I will double check again.

---PROBLEM---

The problem I'm having is i get a maf code 12 or 14. I cant remember exactly but its a maf code. MAF worked before rebuild on my 100% stock engine with mbc fmic. but i cant say its a good maf because it has not been tested. Maybe it went bad when i stored it. I can reset the ecu idle and rev up to 3k before CEL comes back on.

I'm running rich in boost.

I have a spike going into boost. about 14-15psi before it dips back down to 10-12 I think this is because my mbcs vacuum source is off a throttle body port? Thats alot of pipe to fill before it hits the throttle body.

Questions

-Can the 1g ecu handle all my mods without being tuned?
-Do you think my spike problem is a boost leak, vacuum leak, or the way my mbc is ran?
-Is the spike causing me to run rich after boost levels out because of the way the ecu works? Could it be a tip in closed loop open loop thingy? I'm just learning about all this ecm stuff so if that sounds stupid I'm sorry. I need to do more research in this area
-Could any of my problems be something to do with the over bore and the engine pumping more air. What would this cause the ecu to do?
-Could this be tuned out with a data-logger and adjusting the cas since i don't plan to run over stock boost or modify the car anymore, if it was still running rich after i fix the boost spike?

-If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I'll add to this as i have more questions or thoughts about it.

Last edited by 91talontsi; 04-10-2015 at 08:52 AM..
91talontsi is offline   Reply With Quote