View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010   #1
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Official NFL discussion

Well, the NFL Draft is on Prime Time for the first time ever tonight (6:30pm). Anybody else going to be watching it?

I noticed the Vikings signed Lito Sheppard last night, so that pretty much fixes our need of another CB, although with the way our Safeties performed last year, the Vikings could also look at USC Safety Taylor Mays, who's stock seems to have fallen a bit after the NFL scouting combine, or even Texas Safety Earl Thomas.

There is also a few other directions they could go:

The Vikings could go after a Defensive Tackle, since Pat Williams is 37 years old and most likely in going to be playing the last year of his career in 2010.

A running back to replace Chester Taylor, and spell Adrian Peterson.

A Quarterback we are going to desperately need for the future, even if Brett Favre does come back. I think at the #30 overall pick, they could have a Quarterback like Texas' Colt McCoy. Although with the 2nd round pick, there is still some value with Dan LeFevour, Tony Pike, or dare I say it...Tim Tebow. Today ESPN's Adam Shefter said he thought Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen could fall all the way to #30.

We also need some sort of upgrade on our Offensive line, because, well at times last year, it was just that. Offensive. We could be going after a Guard or Center with one of the first two picks, Florida's Maurkice Pouncey has been mentioned, but I think he will be gone before #30.

So, what does anybody else think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote