Thread: TkrPerformance
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010   #6
daneatsv8s

Drives: 91 Galant VR4, 97 Eclipse GSX, 91 Talon TSI
Re: TkrPerformance

As stated above, I didn't pull the motor apart to "inspect" it because it was running in my own personal daily driver when I pulled it. I didn't find it in a junkyard and part with it for cheap because I wasn't sure of its quality. I gave Mark the chance to get his money back, because it IS possible that the motor was crankwalked when I sold it to him. There are plenty of 6 and 7 bolts that are running around with some degree of crankwalk. As to the crank and bearings being "junk", I found it to be suspect since the car made absolutely NO knocking noises or anything of the sort. Even then, I didn't dismiss the possibility of the motor being bad, and told him that IF it was inspected by a NEUTRAL party and found to be bad, then I would issue him a refund immediately. Please tell me where I could have done anything differently? I in no way mean this as disrespect to Scheides, Kracka, or anything other "higher ups" that might be friends with Mark on a personal level. But that has no bearing on this sale. Just cause you have a few beers with someone occasionally doesn't mean that they are incapable of making a mistake.