View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012   #85
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Re: The official Deer Hunting thread.

That sucks Jet, was that on the 40 acre land you were going to hunt on? Yea if any houses are near there, or even a highway, it can really get loud. Even up past Grand Rapids where we were hunting, highway 38 is close by and you can hear quite a bit of road noise which is distracting.

Well we didnt do too great, it was really slow. At 830AM opening morning, a pretty decent sized buck came into my view directly in front of me about 80 yards away, but behind some really thick dense trees. It all happened so fast, and as it was walking to the left, I moved my scope view over to the next opening of trees and waited for it to come into the cross hairs. I took the shot as soon as it entered and I thought I had it, but I must have only grazed it. It dont know if it fell down, it just made lots of hoarse noises and then slowly wandered off. We spent about 2 hours tracking it, found a blood trail but it slowly faded and that was it.

My dad got a button buck just for the meat yesterday and thats all we got for 4 guys. Right after he took it, a big buck walked behind him but he couldnt take a shot, maybe it was the same one I hit, hard to say. There were tons of scrapes where we were hunting, but my camera didnt catch any deer while we were up there.

Ill post some pics later but it was still a blast! Well see if I get back out there in MN otherwise I may hunt WI.

Last edited by A//// Guy; 11-05-2012 at 11:11 PM..
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote