View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004   #103
illz

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowWhite@Jul 21 2004, 11:25 AM

Exactly....

And it's not that we "Show off" our cars. It's that we take "Pride" in our cars.

And Some of us don't just "Race" our cars. there are a few of us that actually take our cars to "Car Shows" (when our cars are running and if we have the $$$ of coarse)
"Ok", so what you are saying is, you "Go Home" and pop your hood and look at your motor and feel proud of yourself. Feeling "Pride" is a one-person event. Doing something that other people will admire is "Showing Off". Why do you build a car that in your opinion is fast and good looking? Because you "Race"? Why do you "Race"? I do it for the "Thrill" of going fast. From what I have seen, 95% of the people here do it at least in part for the "Respect" and "Admiration" of other people, by posting dyno numbers, pictures, and making things shiny. Other people do not need to be involved to have "Pride". When you "Show" other people, you are "Showing Off". I don't have a problem with it, I just think it is funny, similar to "Quoting" and "Capitalizing" random words like "Pride" and "Race". "Showing Off" is funny because car-based "Egos" are hilarious.

I'm running out of words to "Quote". It is "Interesting" to see why different people are involved in cars. Please note I say "Different", not "Better" or "Worse". It's all "Good".